Elias Monage completed his Insolvency Law and Practice at Rand Afrikaans University (RAU). In 2011 he obtained his Executive Coaching Graduate at University of California (UC Berkeley). Elias also completed a Programme in Telecommunication, Regulation Policy & Management at (Wits University). He is currently reading for his Master’s degree in engineering business management,
Core Skills & Accomplishments
- Negotiating the Sectoral Education and Training Authority Landscape (SETA’S)
- Negotiating the Labour Market Policy and Legislation within NEDLAC
- Representing Business on the National Minimum Wage and Labour Relations
- CCMA Governing Body
- Fellow of the World Productivity Council
Elias has extensive experience in labour movement for over 15 as the National Collective Bargaining Negotiator for NUMSA (National Union of Metal Workers of South Africa), the second biggest affiliate of COSATU (Congress of South African Trade Unions).
- He is an experienced and knowledgeable individual across collective bargaining councils, industrial relations and human resources. His knowledge forms an integral part in the staffing and recruitment environment i.e. knowledge regarding Trade Unions, Bargaining Councils, Nedlac, National Skills Authority and CCMA, etc. He has spent years in social dialogue and policy formation across sectors and industries.
- Prior to his appointment as the Kelly Group – Group Human Resources Director, he was an associate of Jay Pema and Associates (Insolvency Company), and later joined the D & T
- He has recently established Afika Group and acquired other businesses as part of the diversification strategy within the Metal and Engineering Industry and the outside sector. Afika Quadpro, a subsidiary of the group is amongst the leading Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) companies, that delivers world class turnkey solutions, while other subsidiaries manufacture protective structures (Kiosks), specialized locking solutions and mechatronics
- He sits on the board of many committees including the National Skills Authority and the Metal and Engineering Industries Bargaining Council and is the President of the Association of Personnel Service Organisations and President of CAPES (Confederation of Associations in the Private Employment Sector). He also represents CAPES at BUSA (Business Unity South Africa) Council.
- CCMA Governing Body(from 2008 – 2016)
- National Skills Authority
- Nedlac – Exco & Manco / Labour Law Review task team
- Steloy Castings Pty Ltd
- Afika Group
- Arabela Holdings
- Employment Services Board ( Appointed by the Minister of Labour)
- Black Business Council – NEDLAC Convener
- Black Business National Council
- BRICS Business Council
- SEIFSA President & Chairman of the Board